Request / Help

• Hello,

I'm really excited about your software! I am a Real Estate developer and this will be a great tool for us. A couple questions / request

Is it possible to change the name of objects? How?

Is it possible to bulk replace materials? For example, my vray stainless steel texture isn't looking right in your software would love to just replace it everywhere with one of your pre-made textures rather than editing and finding every mesh instance.

Once we finish editing an object in eyecad is it possible to save it for future use in another model. For example, we build condominiums and currently have all our designs in sketchup+ vray. If I want to import them all into your system I don't want to have to re-texure the same refrigerator every time it is imported.

Any support for vray materials or an easy import?

• Hello thorndikedev,

First of all, you're welcome to the Eyecad VR Community!

1- Is it possible to change the name of objects? How?

Yes of course, at the beginning inside the importing dialog window, on the top of its.

2- Is it possible to bulk replace materials? For example, my vray stainless steel texture isn't looking right in your software would love to just replace it everywhere with one of your pre-made textures rather than editing and finding every mesh instance.

Could you provide us with some screenshots to support your request? It would help us understand the problem better. Vray Materials don't work with Eyecad VR but it's easy to recreate them into the software. Let us know.

3 - Once we finish editing an object in eyecad is it possible to save it for future use in another model. For example, we build condominiums and currently have all our designs in sketchup+ vray. If I want to import them all into your system I don't want to have to re-texure the same refrigerator every time it is imported.

Any support for vray materials or an easy import?

It's possible to create your own Personal Material Sets (take a look here:

) and soon it will be possible to the same with the Personal Objects Sets (just wait our future updates).

About Vray at this moment it is not possible to easy import them.

I hope to be helpful !

Best

S.B.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!